Saturday, July 16, 2016

Tulum Ruins: Mayan Clipart

This is a simple page I made to compliment a challenge layout I did. You can check out my previous blog post to see details about the other layout.

I have tons of pictures from our visit to the Tulum ruins so I will have quite a few layouts that have four or more pictures on it.  This is a very typical four picture layout.  It is easy to add a smaller 5th picture in the center or to use an accent there.

Here I used a neat Mayan image I created using the Maya Allstars font (it's free!).  I used my Silhouette Cameo and some black vinyl to create the image.  This is actually the negative space left over from the image (the inversion).  I will try and use both pieces to get more out of my vinyl.  There are several letters in the font that will work great on my layouts.  You will see them several times in the future!



Here are both layouts together:


As far as my paper challenge goes, I ended up using five sheets of paper for this double layout.  While I was making that cute sun, I used a whole sheet of yellow paper making different kinds of suns and symbols.  Those die cuts will show up in future layouts.

No comments:

Post a Comment